2016 was a pretty great year with regard to coffee. In fact, I tasted right at about 100 different coffees! So many of them were fantastic! Below, however, I have listed my top five favorites (not in order). Not only did I taste great coffee, I also learned a lot on this journey throughout the world of coffee.
Manthano Coffee’s Favorite Five of 2016
- Onyx Coffee Lab – Kenya Nyeri Barichu
- Airship Coffee – Julio’s Gesha – Natural Guatemala
- Yellow Brick Coffee – Costa Rica: Don Pepe – Los Anonos
- Methodical Coffee – Kenya Murang’a County
- Steadfast Coffee – Ethiopia Dumerso Natural
The one of Onyx Coffee Lab and Methodical Coffee were both sent to me in exchange for a review. However, the ones from Airship Coffee, Yellow Brick Coffee, and Steadfast Coffee were all received through Angels’ Cup. Although it is unlikely that you’d be able to purchase these same exact coffees now, all five of these roasters are fantastic! You should definitely check them all out!
Highlights from 2016
2016 really was a fun year! Not only did I taste some wonderful coffees, but I was able to visit some great coffee shops (Bold Bean, Revelator, Crema, Steadfast, Blueprint, Sump, Brick & Mortar, Trade & Lore, The Coffee Fox, Collective Espresso, and surely some others that I can’t remember). On top of this, I have had many opportunities to learn more about latte art, coffee production, coffee roasting, and customer service from both experience and from friends and mentors. I’m looking forward to seeing what 2017 brings!
Top Five Visited Pages on Manthano Coffee:
- How to Brew Coffee with an AeroPress
- How to Improve Your Coffee Tasting Skills: Coffee Cupping
- What You Need to Know about Letting Coffee Bloom
- How to Clean a Baratza Encore
- How to Brew Coffee with a Hario V60
Manthano Coffee’s 2017 Goals
- Gain more followers
- Post more consistently
- Review more coffee shops
- Review coffee products
- Drink more coffee
Thanks for a great year! As always, I’d love to hear from you! Comment below or shoot me a message from the Contact page. And, if you have not already, definitely check out @ManthanoCoffee on Instagram!